SiteGround VS PlanetHoster
When it comes to Web Hosting apps the choice is difficult. The high amount of options can make it difficult to have a clear overview in order to pick the right platform for us. Hosting solutions market and hosting provider’s market is pretty complex. That’s why we decided to help you by comparing the most popular Hosting services sites. Today it’s SiteGround VS PlanetHoster’s turn.
SiteGround is a web hosting company which was founded by some University friends in Sofia, Bulgaria, in 2004. Nowadays it’s trusted by the owners of 2,000,000 domains worldwide, being particularly popular in the USA. The services it provides are:
- Shared hosting
- Cloud vps hosting
- Enterprise solutions
- Email hosting
- Domain registration.
The websites supported by SiteGround are:
- WordPress hosting
PlanetHoster is another web hosting platform which was founded in 2007 in Canada. The services the reseller provides are:
- Shared web hosting
- Turnkey solutions
- One free domain for life
- Domain name registration
- SSL Certificates
- Anti-DDOS protection
- Anycast DNS for redundancy
- Technical support
- Direct contact with authorities in the event of any domain name disputes.
Over 60,000 customers decided to opt for PlanetHoster already and are using its HybridCloud infrastructure. And over 100,000 websites are currently served by PlanetHoster in North America and Europe. It is well known in terms of safety and performance.
Ease of use
SiteGround’s system is extremely easy to use and its features are well integrated between them. It is really intuitive and it’s impossible to get lost in any of its pages.
It’s also possible to personalize the interface and adapt it to your own needs, for example showing only some sections. Furthermore, the new control panel “Site Tools” makes the platform even more user friendly.
PlanetHoster’s interface is very simple and clear, allowing even novices to use it without any problem. The World platform provides two user-friendly, safe, effective and dynamic interfaces: World Panel and cPanel. Thanks to the cPanel Control Panel, customers are given a really easy dashboard of settings, from which they can control their websites.
So, both web hosting companies have sites that can easily be used by customers. And in case of encountering any issue within the pages, they both provide the users with customer care.
SiteGround announced in 2019 the launching of its freshly redesigned user area. It consists of a new control panel, the “Site Tools”, making it easier for the user to manage his site. Apparently this new feature took over 3 years to develop, but it was worth it.
PlanetHoster’s design is really simple and not overloaded with text. Its recent updates made the UX interface even more friendly. Every plan is highly customizable, giving the option to customers to personalize well their service.
SiteGround offers in all of its shared hosting plans a 24h customer support service, showing high professionality and a very complete customer care. It also provides high quality tutorials and guides. The efficiency and friendliness of the customer’s support team is what really makes SiteGround stand out among the competitors.
PlanetHoster also provides 24/7 support, but only in terms of phone calls and tickets. The ticket system is really efficient and supportive, allowing you to be attended by the customer care team in less than one hour. You can communicate with them either in french or in english, so if you’re familiar with french, go for it. A live chat service is also available through the Member Area.
To protect their customers from malware attacks, PlanetHoster’s team provides their personal Anti-malware, as well as expert and valuable assistance.
SiteGround offers three different shared hosting plans, which share some common features, such as:
No traffic limitation to your website
Databases and unlimited email accounts
30 days refund guarantee
SSD disks and its own caching system
24h user support by phone, live chat and email.
The three mentioned dedicated hosting plans are:
- StartUp: This hosting plan is perfect for a user who owns a small to medium-sized website and doesn’t need more than 10 GB of space (and 150.000 inodes). This plan offers a cache service exclusively for static content, which will speed up your website performances. More advanced features like staging are not offered by this package. The StartUp plan’s first term price is $6.99/month while its renewal price is $12.99/month.
- GrowBig: It’s ideal to store more than one website, including a space of 20 GB (and 300.000 inodes). This plan provides a staging tool and a smart on demand backup system. The caching system is available for both static and dynamic content. Of course these additional features make the price grow a little bit. The GrowBig plan’s first term price is $9.99/month while its renewal price is $22.99/month.
- GoGeek: This plan offers 40 GB (and 450.000 inodes) of webspace a better performing dedicated server, other than allowing you to access pre-installed Git repertories. Furthermore, it provides support for white label hosting. A premium service requires a premium price. That’s why the GoGeek plan’s first term price is $14.99/month while its renewal price is $34.99/month.
PlanetHoster offers three different shared hosting plans, which share some common features, such as:
- Unlimited SSD Storage
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited emails
- Unlimited mysql databases
- Free Unlimited SSL Certificate.
The three mentioned hosting packages are:
- World. This plan provides one CPU, 4 GB RAM and allows you to host only one website. However, it’s possible to extend the RAM up to 24GB and the CPU up to 8. The best feature of World is that it allows you to personalize every plan depending on your web host needs. Its price is $6.04/month.
- World Plus. This is the medium hosting package. It provides 2 CPU, 8GB RAM, and allows you to host unlimited websites. Just like the World option, it allows you to customize every plan according to your needs. World Plus plan’s price is $8.06/month. You can also add extra enhancement of features but that will cost more.
- World Mega. This is the most expensive plan. It provides 4 CPU, 12 GB RAM, unlimited SSD Disk space as well as unlimited website hosting option. World Mega’s price is $12.09/month.
All of these plans can be tried with a free trial for 14 days. If you’re satisfied with the plan, you can continue using it by paying the monthly fare. If you don’t like the service, though, you need to declare it before the 7th day in order to get a refund. You will then get the money back in your bank account within the next 14 days.
As you can see, PlanetHoster is more affordable than Siteground, although the services they provide are not exactly the same.
It’s a wrap! After having analyzed the main characteristics of these two hosting providers, you can decide which one gives the best web hosting services.
Both hosting companies are really good and trustworthy. SiteGround stands out for its quick uptime and high-quality customer service, while PlanetHoster for its lower price and high security.
Regarding the prices, SiteGround offers a good price/quality ratio, although it’s definitely not the cheapest option. So, to sum it up, SiteGround’s speed is amazing (average loading time of 2.10 seconds) and its availability figures are the best. But remember that you’ll need quite some budget for it, since it’s not the cheapest host provider. Although, it is possible to try SiteGround for free for a month, and get a refund if you’re not satisfied with the service.
If you’re thinking of creating a business online and want to make money with your site, you’ll want to opt for a trustworthy platform, such as PlanetHoster. This platform is also much more affordable than the first one, while having a really good uptime.
I hope that I helped you choose the right Web hosting service for you with this comparison. If you found my article helpful or have any questions about web hosts or cloud hosting, let me know by leaving a comment below.
By Emily 2023 June